Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nutrition

Within the first month of my inititial diagnosis, I started reading "Beating Cancer With Nutrition" by Patrick and Noreen Quillin. This book is packed full of data on how nutrition directly impacts your body's ability to resist and even reverse cancer tumor growth. One of the first things I did was to eliminate sugars from my diet. I felt convinced by the author that reducing sugar intake could help, so I proceeded with a major change in my eating habits.

- Most of my meals are prepared from whole foods.
- I Avoid processed foods.
- I quit eating beef.
- I found a good Naturopathic Doctor - see My Resources Column.

There is a simple but excellent chart inside the back cover of "Beating Cancer With Nutrition". This chart breaks down most popular food types into five basic categories, from Best to Worst. It really made the chore of knowing what to eat or avoid very easy.

No comments: