Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hair Today --- Gone Tomorrow
Or - It's been nice Growin You


After more than 60 chemo infusions my hair finally fell out! It went fast – in 3 days it’s pretty much gone. So, with advice from my support group – I cut what was left down to a half inch. I don’t know why or how, but the medical staff always told me my hair would be gone within a few weeks. – but it ended up taking 20 months. Tomorrow I go back for round 2. Please send me your prayers.

We had our second support group meeting at the Crossroads Church two weeks ago. I encourage anyone who is going through cancer treatment to get involved in a support group. It took me 19 months before I went, but it was the right time and the right place. What a great group of people – they have really helped me a lot and I hope I have helped them too. Don’t forget to get a book from me. I have them ready to send to you.

5 comments:

dutchindian said...

Hi Sue:
You still are your beautiful self - hair or no hair!
I'm sending my prayers and lots of positive thoughts your way. Hope the next round of chemo goes OK.
Lots of love,

Julie (Leemkuil) - there are so many Julie's!

Karel sends his love and a big hug!

Gillian said...

You have a beautifully shaped head, Sue. You wear your "pixie cut" very well! Our prayers are with you. Glad to hear you are enjoying your support group and feeling encouraged. I know you are a great encouragement to others too.

Anonymous said...

Nice Duo Sue! Our prayers are with you. Sorry we missed you on your Montana trip.
Ric, Kathy and Lars

Anonymous said...

I agree with Julie! YOU'RE STILL GORGEOUS!!!

20 months huh? That's gotta be some kind of a record! You're my hero Sue. We love you and are praying for you. I have you and Robbie's picture on my fridge.

KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!

Love, Lori in Utah

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say that you look really good as a "baldy head", as Abigail used to say. We buzzed her hair when it started coming out too, she wasn't too keen on the clumps of hair coming out.

There was a baby in the Ronald McDonald House with us that didn't loose her hair for a long time either.

So, if I were to knit you a hat, what color would you like? :) I'm serious, I'd love to knit you something!