Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Plan




I've had a 5 week break from the chemo called Irinotecan. It worked ok, but not good enough. So starting tomorrow, I am switching to Xeloda, which will be an oral medication. So last week I had my pic line removed ! It's been in my left arm for 10 months with tape over it - ahhh my arm can breath now.. Last weekend also celebrates 21 months surviving PC. I like to think of it more as a victory and knocking this stuff down and out.


We had a great time at the Oregon Coast this week with my family and that included my new beagle dog "Ruby".

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Susan. Congrats on reaching your 21 month anniversary...be sure to celebrate every milestone. I'm one month behind you. It's great to hear that you're doing well and I hope Xeloda does the job. I was on it for my first year and it worked wonders with very little side effects.
Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Warmth,
Kate Thaxton

dutchindian said...

Hi Sue:
Yes, congrats on your 21 month anniversary! I hope the Xeloda works well for you. Great photo of the family (and the new addition, Ruby, is so cute!).
Lots of love & prayers from Maryland,
Julie & Karel

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family photo - you look great! Love, Julie