Sunday, March 30, 2008

Church

In September of 2007, after God sent me a ‘wake-up’ call while I was in the used book store (see blog dated Feb 26, 2008). I soon began reading His word, watching and listening to Christian based broadcasts and reading all I could absorb. I had read in one of my books that I needed to hand this over to Christ - so I did just that. I handed over my illness to Him. I realized it is in His hands and He controls my destiny. This allowed me to now focus more on His Word, share it with others, and take some of the pressure off of me (this is an ongoing process). My husband and I knew we needed more than books and Christian broadcasts, we needed real live people. We had wanted to find a church for years, but kept putting it off.

How does a person go about finding a church? Do we open up the yellow pages? We were fortunate to hear about the Crossroads Church in Vancouver, WA and have been attending for about three weeks. (click on http://www.crossroadschurch.net/). If you are in a similar situation, I encourage you to go ‘church-shopping’ and attend a few services in your area. It is the most heartwarming and welcoming experience we have had in a long time. Most importantly, Pastor Bill Ritchie’s sermons help us connect with God; the way he presents the sermon provides us with a link between the common person in us and Gods Message. (listen at: http://www.brandnewradio.com/ )

5 comments:

Rob & Rach said...

Hey Mom, nice post! I think this is very cool and I am so happy that you guys have found God and a church that is fulfulling for you. You rock! I can't wait to get home and check out the Crossroads Church with you : )

Love,
Robbie

Anonymous said...

Well- I'm just thankful that watching some of those TV shows didn't scare you away from the Lord :) some of them are pretty 'out there' I think! But the Holy Spirit is definitely calling you to a relationship with the Living God. YAY! Keep on bloggin' ....with love in Christ, the other sue

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Check out the Mormons! I don't think you'll find a more family centered, helpful, loving, and accepting group of people out there. We believe families are forever, the same loving Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon as ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ, that even tells of his visit to the Americas after his resurrection in Jerusalem. I promise, you won't be sorry!
Love you guys!!!
cousin Lori

Kate said...

Susan:
I'm confident that you're positive attitude and strong faith will take you far. I'm glad I found your site - i wish there were more folks with PC who were willing to share their stories. I haven't found many bloggers with PC. Why do PC people hide - we need more people like you who are willing to be open about it. Thank you for having the courage to be out there with your treatment.
Stay strong.
Kate T.
(www.katethaxton.com)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue!
You can't go wrong with God! While you're at church put in a good word for me...you know I can use it! Keeping you in my prayers day and night!
Love Ya!
Mary