Saturday, March 8, 2008

Support from Family and Friends

There are lots of therapies, drugs and foods available, but also of great importance is having the support of my family and friends. I have been married to my husband Walt for 27 years and have two children, Robbie (age 23) and Karlie (age 21).

I have been very fortunate to have other caring family members, some of who live out of the area, but still make efforts to care for me.

I also have very good friends, some that I have known since childhood that I still keep in contact with. Their support is what helps me keep my postitive outlook. You may be surprised at what friends will show up at this time in your life to support you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan~
Just read your blog--what a wonderful idea to help others!!! God Bless you--for it is in helping others---WE receive....Love Susie Coe

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! Bless your heart for doing this :) Only God can make something good come from something as bad as cancer! You are a shining example of that :) You're in my prayers often....Love, 'the other Sue'....ps...are ALL of your friends named Sue? That's pure genius! hahahaha.