Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moving Forward


The latest chemotheraphy, Xeloda, is working for me !

The tumors have stopped growing and there are no new indications from last weeks CT scan. My tumor marker number has dropped to 1/4th of what it was in early August.
Walt and I have started a new program (a clinical trial), called Caring and Cancer, which involves touch and massage theraphy. (see link: http://collinge.org/COUPLES.html ). We were lucky to get into it, as it filled up quickly. It was offered through the Providence Cancer Integrative Medicine Clinic in Portland OR.
It is a 20 week program to study the effects of touch and massage theraphy for cancer patients. It has been very good so far.

I also wanted to tell you about a new book that is getting a lot of attention lately, it's called "Anticancer" by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD.

For 23 months now, I have pretty much followed the nutritional approach that this book is all about, but there is much more great advice and in this book than nutrition alone. Here are a few links about it:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue!
This is great news! I'm thrilled for you and all who you have insipred!
Love,
Mary :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book tip, Susan. I'm going through chemo now for NHL and will put blog in the resource column of my own blog, Cells Behaving Badly.

Keep up the good fight.

Ronni Gordon said...

Hi Susan,
I've been reading about the new book also. The sugar component really scares me because I'm kind of addicted to it as a comfort food. While recovering from my transplant for AML, I've been restricted from eating many of the "good" fresh recommended foods. Now that my restrictions are being lifted somewhat, I can go back to more fresh foods...but I don't know if I can quit sugar! Thanks for sharing all those resources, and good luck in your treatment. I'm writing about my journey on my blog, Running for My Life: Fighting Cancer One Step at a Time."

Anonymous said...

I love this new picture- you are so beautiful!