Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year !

I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted a new blog. I am happy to have provided several books to other cancer patients lately. I would like you to help spread the word (my blog) around to your friends who may know of someone who has been recently diagnosed with cancer, so they may be able have as many resources as possible to help them.

The last few months have been very busy. The Xeloda chemo worked for awhile, but then lost its effectiveness. In November, we attended a pancreatic cancer fundraiser in Portland OR, where we met a ‘survivor’ who had a lot of good things to say about a Dr in Seattle at Virginia Mason. So we made a visit to him and he has prescribed a new chemo combination of Gemcitabine and Taxotere, which I had not tried before. After four infusions of it (two cycles), it appears to be having good results. It’s a great feeling when your Dr. uses the words “I have Good News” following CT tests. I will be having three more cycles of it over the next two months with the next test scheduled for March.

Praise God and Thank You for your Prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,
Happy New Year to you! Your blog is so inspirational and your courage and positive energy transcend the page. I'm so glad to hear you have found the Dr. in Seattle and have started this new round of treatment. I send you much love and light and a team of angels to surround you, Carol

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start the New Year! This is wonderful news to hear. I'm so glad that you made the choice to go to Seattle for all the details. I hope to see you and the family soon! You renew my faith every time I talk to you!
Love,
Mary :)